Visual Learner? Click the video above to watch the process
Step 1: Create A New Assignment
- Click 'New Assignment' — from the upper right corner of the home screen.
- Assignment types:
- Copy and Paste: Copy and paste your text right onto the page.
- PDF Document Upload: Click "Click to upload your file in PDF format" in the center of the screen or drag and drop the PDF file right in
- Independent reading: You don't need to upload any text because students will access the reading outside of Readlee
- Web URL: Enter the URL to generate title, author and cover image. Then copy and paste the text from the website in to the assignment.
- Library: Scroll through the options or use the filter feature to find the right text from our library for your students.
Step 2: Configure Assignment
- Add the Title, Author and a cover image (optional) for your text that students will see
- Select which parts of the text you would like to assign in the right menu pane. You can choose to assign the full text or part of the text by either the page numbers (for PDF) or highlighting the text (copy and paste).
Other tasks you can add:
- Instructions - Click "Edit" next to Instructions in the right menu pane
- Comprehension questions: Click "Add task" in the right menu pane
- Choose the format of the question - written or audio
- Choose the format of the response - written, audio or student choice
- Model reading: Click "Add task" in the right menu pane and selecting "Model Reading"
- You will see a microphone appear in the middle of the bottom of the screen. Record as much of the text as you'd like to model for your students.
- Vocabulary Preview: Choose any word in the text to highlight for students. They will see the word, definition, pronunciation and image before reading the text.
Please sign in to leave a comment.